top of page
Venue: The AP4D Training centre
The AP4D Training Courses are taking place in a private wildlife reserve in the Outjo district, Kunene region, in Northwest Namibia, 50 km southwest of the little town Kamanjab.
This land on the edge of the Namib desert is unsuitable for commercial livestock farming due to repeated droughts, high predator populations, elephant migrations and the rocky mountainous terrain.
Out of these reasons it was developed it into a nature and wildlife reserve, especially for the "desert elephants" and large predators living in this region.
This area is characterized by a variety of fascinating landscapes: mountain ranges of up to 1600 meters above sea level, large rocky areas, bush and tree savanna, grasslands and gallery forests along large, dry river beds.
In addition to numerous smaller animal species, it houses a variety of antelope species (Steenbok, Duiker, Klipspringer, Kudu, Oryx, Springbock), the rare mountain zebra, warthog and occasionally giraffe.
Large predators are leopards, cheetahs, lynxes, brown and spotted hyenas, and migrating lions.
Desert elephants often live and migrate through this wildlife sanctuary.
Ondjou is ideal for the AP4D courses as it can guarantee best possible training and living conditions in the wilderness:
1. It is located in secluded, untamed African wilderness
2. It is characterized by fascinating and extremely diverse landscapes
3. It is home to a variety of wildlife species
4. It is home to big game species such as elephants, leopards and lions
5. It houses a variety of fascinating geological and archaeological sites
6. It faces some poaching problems as well as human-wildlife conflicts in the neighbourhood, especially with elephants and large predators (lions, leopards, hyaenas, cheetahs), thus offering students the opportunity to get to know these problems and their solutions first hand.
Our comfortable and exclusive guesthouse can accommodate up to 12 students in stylish en-suite double rooms. A large swimming pool, cell phone reception, solar power, first class catering and the private atmosphere enhance the comfort for guests and students.
Acomodation is mostly in the lodge, to quickly recover from the strain of the hard training. But for training reasons there are always some nights to spend in tented bush camps, or under even more simple conditions deep in the bush.
bottom of page